This unit mainly focuses on providing information and raising awareness to students about organic food, its characteristics and the current situation in Cyprus.
Students are expected to:
- Raise awareness on the limited capacity of Earth to provide natural resources.
- Comprehend the way our ecological footprint is left on the planet and how it is connected to our daily routines and activities.
- Know the definition and usefulness of the ecological footprint as a measuring tool of natural resources and their consumption.
- Discover the relation between the ecological footprint, the environment and people’s welfare.
- Take a critical stand towards the current consumerism practices that increase the ecological footprint and suggest ways to deal with the problem.
- Challenge the over-consuming social model and implement small ecological footprint solutions.
- Adopt and encourage others towards practices that are linked to sustainability and the protection of the environment.
- Take a positive stand towards small ecological footprint choices and a negative stand towards large ecological footprint choices.
- Food biodiversity
- Video competition: and the winning videos are…