WHAT’S HIDDEN IN THE SCHOOL CANTEEN?
TO EAT OR NOT TO EAT? THAT IS THE QUESTION …
After some inquiry, here are our conclusions.
- The food prepared in the school kitchen is fresh or semifinished and it’s cooked every morning.
- In the last few years food waste has increased, especially as for the second course, because the students don’t like it, but the untouched leftovers and the raw food are given to a charity twicw a week.
- The water in the canteen is taken from the tap, but it is regularly controlled and certified as clean water.
- The menu is selected and approved by a nutritionist that adapts the choice of food according to seasons.
- If food and water are abundant, fresh and healthy, where is the problem?
- We asked our teachers and mates and their opinion is not very positive.
- Our teachers think that the canteen is not very clean and comfortable, the menu is dull and repetitive and the matching of dishes is unsuitable.
- According to students (nine out of ten) the food quality is very poor and they don’t like it.
Written by: Sara, Francesco, Alice, Marta e Letizia (IC Settimo milanese, Milano, Italy)
Ph credit Mago (cc) Eva Peris